For WRAM Members Only!
Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018
Registration fee: $10.00
Location: The McGrath Lab at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University
200 Westboro Road
North Grafton, MA 01536
Dr. Paula Rodriguez of the Tufts Wildlife Clinic will be focusing on the fundamentals of wildlife patient intakes.
By taking the class, Dr. Rodriguez will:
- Go over the basic physical exam on reptiles, mammals, and birds.
- From beak to talons, from snout to vent, from nose to tail.
- Demonstrate and discuss hydration, neurological, and nutritional status.
- How to deal with common wildlife patient presentations.
- Discuss and demonstrate the main techniques of bandaging.
- Go over initial stabilization.
- Discuss when to refer situations to a veterinarian.
Registration is online only.