Subject: Northeast Turtle Intensive....March 21st.
We are inviting all Turtle Rehabilitators, Veterinarians, Vet Techs, biologists, Naturalists, Citizen scientists, and people interested in becoming a wildlife Rehabilitator...
Northeastern Turtle Intensive
Exchanging Information & Creating Networks
to Preserve Wild Turtle Populations with a special focus on Blanding's Turtles.
Saturday, March 21st, 8 am (check in) - 5pm (perhaps later) - Free Event!
At the Turtle Rescue League Center, in Southbridge MA.
You will receive more info when you RSVP.
Note: Space is limited, so RSVP to reserve your spot firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be approved to attend this event, this is an adults only class (over 16yrs) and please leave your pets and children at home, seating is limited.
Here is a list of the speakers...
Preliminary List of Topics to be Covered (subject/presenters subject to change):
* A Citizen-Centered Approach to Blanding's Turtle Population Recovery at Great Meadows - Dr. Bryan Windmiller, Berkholtz Zoo of New England
* Patterns of Turtle Nest Depredation in Relation to Protective Containment - Marshall Pregnall, Vassar College
* Chelonian Respiration and Its Clinical Importance - Dr. Maureen Murray, Tufts Wildlife Center
* Egg Extraction and Emergency Incubation - Natasha Nowick, Turtle Rescue League
* Neurological Injury
* Snapping Turtle Handling and Fear Subsidence - Alexxia Bell, Turtle Rescue League
* Nest Site Predation
* Beak Injury - Kathy Michell, New York Center for Turtle Rehabilitation and Conservation
* Additional events, discussions, and round table discussions are tentatively scheduled for the evening
Note: Please bring photos of your interesting cases
This meeting is open to conservationists, field biologists, citizen scientists, licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and professionals actively working in turtle conservation. Please feel free to forward this to any qualified colleagues who may be interested in attending.
Any questions, or to RSVP by phone please call 774-318-0734
Turtle Rescue League
Ben Kilham's Bears Powerpoint
(Be patient it takes a while to download. Also, if it just opens powerpoint hit f5.)
Monty on the left, Slothie on the right